Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Prisoner hugs his paralysed mother

From Shahd Abusalama-

This is in a special visit coordinated for a detainee in Israeli prisons to meet his sick paralyzed mother without a barrier. Such visits are rarely allowed for prisoners. 
This man is the father of the young man whom I shared this photo from.
In the description he wrote, "My dear father, thoughts are flooded inside my mind while watching the released prisoners hugging their mothers and wiping their tears. I can almost see you in every one of them. I can smell you on their clothes. I can hear your voice in either their laughs or sighs. I miss you my dad and I am longing for your warm lap. Your freedom will mean life to me. You will restore it one day, God willing!


I


In the Prisoners' Diaries, Abdulrahman Shehab describes his father's reaction when the jailer opened the door to allow him and the family to take a family photo with his incarcerated son, after 17 years of only communicating through a glass barrier. He was so overwhelmed he had almost fainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment